Meet the Staff: Jason Skeffington

What’s your name, and can you tell us about your family?

My name is Jason Skeffington.  I have been married to my wonderful wife Cindy for over 24 years.  We are blessed with lovely twin girls, Libby and Haley.

Tell us about your salvation experience.

When I was young my family started attending a local bible church.  During a Sunday night service I was introduced to the Gospel.  Before that night I had thought the path to God was good works, but the truth of God’s Word was revealed to me.  I was a sinner and could not deal with my own sin.  Jesus alone is the way to God.  His work alone is the thing that could deal with my sin.  I asked Him to save me that night and the path of my life and eternity was changed.

Tell us about your role as a team member of Word of Life Bible Institute.

I serve as the IT Director for all of Word of Life.  I have the privilege of leading an amazing team of IT professionals.  I have the privilege of serving alongside our US operations teams, serving those who serve.

What is your favorite memory of WOLBI when you were a student or something recently as you served with our students?

My favorite times are when I get to spend time with students, whether teaching classes or in one-on-one discipleship and counseling.

What is your life verse, and why?

Philippians 3:14 “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

This expresses living this life with Eternal purpose, a life worth living.

Why do you love serving students?

I know what a difference the Lord made in my life through the ministry of Word of Life.  To be a part of that kind of transformation in the lives of students is the most fulfilling thing in the world.

If you could speak to a younger you today – what would you say?

There is nothing in this life that is more worthy of your time and devotion than Jesus.