Although quarantine isn’t what we would hope for any of our students, we believe we can protect the health of our students and staff members by preferring one another through this time. This guide was created to provide much of the information you will need as you go through the quarantine period at the Bible Institute. As faculty and staff, we are committed to serving our students with utmost excellence, as unto the Lord.
- Students will be placed in quarantine after consideration of the Health Center Staff and will also be excused from quarantine by the same staff.
- While in quarantine, students may not leave their dorm room/assigned cabin.
- To protect the health of others, there are no visitors permitted in or around quarantine rooms/cabins. If you wish to connect with fellow students, please use a digital platform.
WHAT TO PACK IF YOU ARE MOVING TO A QUARANTINE CABIN
- Bedding (sheets, blankets & pillow)
- Laptop and study materials
- Clothing for several days in case necessary (average testing time is 3-5 days)
- Non-perishable snacks you may want from your room
Covid-19 Response Coordinator
- Micah Melville – email@example.com
Health and Security Department
- Emergency Line: 518.494.1444
- Non-Emergency Line: 518.494.6200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Life Department
- Dean of Students – Josh Ely: email@example.com
- Dean of Men – Justin Cousins: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean of Women – Karen Smith: email@example.com
- Kitchen: 518.494.1407
- Chef Manager – Daryl Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Help Desk Request Info
- Help Desk: 518.494.6265
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailroom Coordinator – Dan Arthur: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities Maintenance Leader – Peter LaBarr: email@example.com
- Housekeeping Coordinator – Evelyn LaBarr: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACILITIES AND MAIL DELIVERY
- Trash pickup each day at 2 PM. Set trash out after 1:30 PM.
- Please bag all trash (in trash bags provided) and place in hallway (or on porch) for pickup.
- All trash must be bagged and removed daily.
- Student mail will be delivered Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.
- Meals will be dropped off outside your room (contactless delivery) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the following times:
- Breakfast – 7:30 AM
- Lunch – 12:00 PM
- Dinner – 5:00 PM
- If you have any food allergies, we are more than happy to accommodate you! Please communicate with our Covid Response Coordinator, Micah Melville, in person or by email at email@example.com.
Students do not need to fill out a sick day form while in quarantine. Students assigned to the kitchen, housekeeping, or maintenance do not need to contact anyone about missing work. Students assigned to any other area should plan to reach out to their supervisor to let them know they will be absent. Questions can be directed to Caroline Tompkins: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLEANING OF QUARANTINE HOUSING
A cleaning checklist with specific student responsibilities can be found posted in each quarantine cabin, and tasks must be completed and checked off daily. If you are quarantining in your dorm room, no chart is provided, but students are still required to complete daily cleaning. Specific cleaning tasks are below:
- Wipe down and disinfect all touch surfaces with Ecolab Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner
- Wipe down mirrors with Ecolab glass cleaner
- Clean inside and wipe down outside of toilet with Ecolab Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner
- Scrub and wipe down sink with Ecolab Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner
- Scrub and wipe down shower with Ecolab Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner
- Sweep and mop floor with Betco PH7
- Empty trash cans and replace trash bags
- Vacuum carpet
THINGS TO DO
Academics (see syllabi)
- To watch class live, use the links in the “blue box” in the NY Campus Life Course. If you miss class when it is taking place in the classroom, you will have to watch the class from the student portal.
- studentportal.wol.org – Resources – Class Videos – 2020-2021 Recordings – 2020-2021 Fall Classes – (then to the corresponding classes).
- If you have general academic questions, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have questions related to quizzes and tests, contact Dan Skau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All tests and quizzes will be taken at the same time as other students. You will need to watch the streaming link to get the test password. We expect you to have integrity as you take your exams/quizzes.
Your RA will reach out to you to video call you for devos! If you are the RA, your RD will be your contact.
Campus Worship Service
Here at Word of Life Bible Institute, Grace Community Church (Newburgh, NY) runs a satellite campus at our facility on Sundays. Feel free to join the campus livestream to sing with the WOLBI band and then enjoy the service with Grace Community Church. The livestream link is posted on the NY Campus Life home page in the “blue box.” Be sure to select the link for First Year as this is for the JWC.
Due to New York State quarantine restrictions, students are to stay in their Residence Halls/Quarantine cabin. To protect the health of others, there are no visitors permitted in or around Quarantine rooms/cabins. If you wish to connect with fellow students, please use a digital platform.
- Twice daily, health screening will take place at 7:45 AM and 6 PM. Please ensure that you are awake, dressed, and have a proper face covering on when a Health and Security team member comes into the room for health screening.
- We want everyone to maintain their health and continue the year well! In order to do this, we would ask that during this quarantine period you remain vigilant and follow all guidelines.
What to do if you are feeling sick (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, loss of sense of taste/smell, other signs/symptoms)?
Call Health and Security at 518.494.6200 to be evaluated and to determine next steps for care.