Dear Parents and Loved Ones,
It’s exciting to see how student ministry teams are developing their skills and talents to reach people with the gospel. Through athletics, church ministry, youth events, and many other ministries, students are bringing the hope of Jesus to the people around them!
Volleyball and Soccer in Review
- The men’s soccer team had a 7-3-3 regular season record and made it to the conference playoffs. Our men’s soccer coaching staff received the HVIC Coaching Staff of the Year Award for the second consecutive season.
- Our women’s soccer team ended the season with a 3-5-2 record. Three big wins and close games against USCAA ranking teams were just a few of the highlights from the season.
- The women’s volleyball team finished with a 5-8 record. One highlight from the Huskies volleyball season was hosting the first ever Bible College Volleyball Tournament.
- Throughout the fall season, the Huskies athletic teams ministered to 671 people and presented the gospel to 632. Three people made the decision to trust Christ!
The Beginning of Basketball Season
Now that the volleyball and soccer seasons have ended, we are heading into basketball season! You can find the schedule of the games at wol.is/huskies
The student body is beginning a busy season of going out and ministering through various local churches. Last weekend, we sent 40 students to Riverbank Church in Vermont to help facilitate their Fall Festival. Over 2,500 people from the community came to the event. The next morning, five people trusted Jesus in the church service.
We also sent two teams to Bolton Community Public School to host an after-school event through Bolton Community church. Every elementary school child went home with a camp flyer, and the teachers and parents appreciated our students’ participation.
Over the next three weekends, we will be sending teams to six Reverb events to serve as counselors and support staff. We are expecting over 10,000 young people to attend. Please pray that our students will serve well and that many teens will come to faith in Jesus.
Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks
- We are now accepting transportation requests for the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. Your students were given a link to request transportation. Please be aware of the following information:
- There is a $25 transportation fee each way. This would be $50 for a round trip. If the transportation request is late, the fee is doubled to $50 each way. This would be $100 for a round trip.
- The deadline for Thanksgiving break is the end of the day on Tuesday, November 15. The deadline for Christmas break is Friday, December 9.
- Thanksgiving Break dates- Leave November 22 after classes (around 1:00 PM) and return November 28 by in-dorms.
- Christmas Break dates- Leave December 16 after the exam at 9:00 AM and return on January 9 at 7:00 PM.
Spring Student Graduation: December 15
We will be holding our Spring Student Graduation Ceremony on December 15 during the scheduled chapel at 12:10 PM (NOTE: this is a change from the previous graduation date of January 11). Parents of spring students are welcome to join us for the ceremony and a parent-graduate luncheon following the chapel. If you are planning on attending, please inform your student so they can give us a number of attendees for the luncheon.
Spring Student Registration: January 12
Spring Student Registration has been changed to from January 11 to January 12. If you’ve already made plans to arrive on the eleventh, you’re still welcome to arrive then. If your student is not an incoming spring student, this does not apply to you. All other students will arrive from Christmas break on January 9.
Campus Preview Days
We had a great Campus Preview Days event on October 27-29; in fact, we had to close registration because we were at full capacity! If you were unable to attend and would still like to join us in the future, we have openings for next month.
You can book a regular visit or sign up for Campus Preview Days at this link: wol.is/visit