Dear Parents and Guardians,
I’m excited to share this week’s updates with you! Keep reading to learn how you can plug in to WOLBI and connect with your student’s world on an even deeper level through chapels, Learn the Word, and Huskies Athletics. We will also share with you a few updates related to COVID-19.
This week, our freshmen will explore the book of Joshua with Dr. Dan Anderson. Dr. Anderson currently serves as the president of Appalachian Bible College in Mount Hope, West Virginia. He holds a Masters of Divinity in Pastoral Studies from Grace Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Theology in Historical Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary.
The sophomore class will be studying the book of Psalms with Dr. Mark McGinniss this week. Dr. McGinniss teaches Old Testament at Clarks Summit University in Pennsylvania, where he also earned his Master of Theology and Doctor of Philosophy. In addition to teaching, Dr. McGinniss serves as the assistant dean at Baptist Bible Seminary in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania. In addition, Dr. McGinniss holds a Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology from Richard Stockton State College Baptist Seminary, a Masters of Arts in Biblical Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary, and a Master of Divinity from Mid-America Baptist Seminary.
Chapel Live Streams
Missing your student? You can join them (virtually) in chapel every Wednesday and Friday at 12:10 PM! Just visit the Word of Life Bible Institute Facebook page to tune in.
WOLBI’s Facebook Page
Check Out Our Brand New Athletics Website!
We’re excited to share our new Huskies Athletics page! Now, you can keep up with your fave college team with just a single click.
Check it out: Huskies Athletics Page
Learn the Word
If you are looking for a way to study the Bible in your spare time from your own home, then Word of Life’s Learn the Word classes are perfect for you. With Learn the Word, you’ll study the Bible under some of today’s foremost professors and theologians–on your own time. Learn the Word offers classes, books, and a podcast, so you can learn in the way that best suits you.
Check it out: Learn the Word
Currently, we have a few COVID cases on campus, so we have placed students who have confirmed cases as well as those who were in close contact with them in quarantine housing. To provide perspective, the positivity rate is less than 3% of the campus population. While we do not want to see any cases on campus, I am confident we will see this number decrease with a couple of procedural changes for our students. These procedural changes will be implemented until the end of next week, when we will reevaluate.
These measures are ways we can help reduce the spread of COVID-19 on campus. We are grateful for you and your student’s patience and understanding as we seek to provide a safe and healthy environment on campus.
If students desire to wear a face-covering or seek vaccination, that is their personal decision. As a body of believers, we will respect that choice.
Please continue to pray for those who tested positive that they will experience a quick and complete recovery. Also, pray for those in quarantine that they will be encouraged and remain healthy.
Word of Life Bible Institute Address Change
Due to the changes to our front entrance, we had to update our street address. In the future, please send your student’s mail to this address:
4230 Glendale Road
Pottersville, NY 12860
Currently, we are in the process of updating all Word of Life Bible Institute websites and documents. We apologize for any confusion this change may cause!
Lakeside Cabins (North of Council Hall)
- Renovations will be completed by March 22
- Each of the seven cabins will hold eight bunks
- Heating and air conditioning will be updated
- Upperclassmen will have
- Site lighting and paving will be improved
- Two guest cabins, Sydney and Sao Paolo, will be renovated
- Renovations will be completed by next September
- This 10,000+ sq. ft. open-air sports pavilion will cover the court where the dome was located
- We are waiting for the Adirondack Park Agency to approve our permit. Pray it is soon!
- Lord willing, this will be completed for the Summer 2022 Grand Re-opening
- The Island kitchen and dining room will be fully renovated
- A bathroom facility will be added
- Facility accessibility will be increased for campers
- This building will undergo a full renovation
- Ten guest rooms will be available; rooms can be adjoined to accommodate families
- The building will serve as youth leader and guest speaker accommodations
- Full air conditioning will be installed
- All transportation infrastructure will be fully replaced
- Mainland dock will be ripped out and replaced with new docks and pedestrian covers
- Island docks will also be replaced