Dear Parents and Loved Ones,
This weekend holds plenty of activity on campus, including Fall Fun Night and our first Campus Preview Days of the year. As October comes to a close, I find it hard to believe that holiday breaks and the end of the fall semester are just around the corner.
Housing Options for Parents
Since Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here soon, we wanted to make you aware of housing that is available for booking here at Word of Life Bible Institute for when you drop off or pick up your students.
By calling Customer Service (518.494.6000, Option 1), you can reserve lodging in an on-campus cabin or book a room at Lakeside (our nearby retreat property). We also have RV sites available at The Pines, our campground across the street from campus.
- Lakeside has three types of rooms. A standard room holds up to four people (queen bed and bunk bed) and is $160 per night. A family room holds up to seven people (queen bed and two bunk beds) and is $180 per night. We also have duplexes that hold up to eight and ten people that are $345 and $380 per night.
- Bible Institute cabins include a queen bed and bunk bed and are $200 per night.
- We have guest cabins called Ausable and Hudson on Bible Institute property that includes a queen bed and sleeper sofa for $200 per night.
- Lastly, we have 50 Amp RV sites at The Pines for $85 per night.
A few weeks ago, we mentioned Word of Life’s annual, all-night event called Reverb. Reverb is an event where teens are encouraged to bring their unsaved friends to watch a basketball or hockey game, hear the gospel, and spend the night enjoying various activities (like bowling, roller skating, sky zone, and more). Reverb will take place in 12 cities over three weekends in November. The dates and locations are listed below.
- November 4-5: Kalamazoo, Roanoke, Rochester, Springfield, Cleveland
- November 11-12: Glens Falls, Binghamton, Jacksonville, Hershey, Orlando
- November 18-19: Atlanta, Providence
If you are interested in sending your child or youth group to Reverb, please visit this link for more details! wol.is/reverb
Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks
We are now accepting transportation requests for the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. Your students were given a link to request transportation. Please be aware of the following information:
There is a $25 transportation fee each way. This would be $50 round trip. If the transportation request is late, the fee is doubled to $50 each way. This would be $100 round trip.
The transportation request deadline for Thanksgiving break is the end of the day on Tuesday, November 15. The deadline for Christmas break is Friday, December 9.
Thanksgiving break dates: November 22 after classes to November 28 by in dorms.
The beginning of Thanksgiving break has been updated since our previous announcement. Students do have classes on November 22, so they may leave after classes that day (about 1:00 PM). We apologize for the confusion.
Christmas Break dates- December 16 after the exam at 9:00 AM to January 9 at 7:00 PM.
We ask that you pray for all our students as they begin to go out and apply what they’ve been learning in classes and training. Please pray that they will adjust well in this season of their ministry.